Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday (?) afternoon

What does an OPS boss do all day?  Well, this has been the biggest consumer of my time today.

 

I have been trying to address the ship’s long-range schedule. 

 

Every quarter our boss goes to a scheduling meeting and randomly has our ship’s schedule changed.  Once the schedule is changed they secretly make changes to a PowerPoint slide surreptitiously called the Long Range schedule slide REV AG (in 12 months they’ve gone through all the letters of the alphabet and then some) and I have five days to locate this mythical document and post changes to my schedule. 

 

On day 4.67 the powers that be check the ship’s schedule and poke me with a dull stick (dull because it has been over used for poking) about why I haven’t updated my schedule amongst all the other things I do. 

 

The meeting ended on the 10th, I’ve been getting poked since the 15th (no accounting for weekends, this is the Navy!).
 
So, a busy day.  The good news?  One more down! Not nearly so many to go!

No comments: